Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

St. Teresa of Avila

St. Teresa of Avila, whose full name was  Teresa Sánchez de Cepeda y Ahumada, was born on March 28, 1515 to a noble family. She was a very religious little girl and one day when she was only seven, she and her brother Rodrigo ran away from home in high hopes of being martyred by the Moors! Of course, she was caught before she got very far! Soon, she realized that she was being called to become a nun. Teresa joined the Carmelite order and went on to found a monastery called St. Joseph's. She also helped to reform the rules and vows. Her famous quote is "Lord, let me suffer or let me die." She went to the Lord in 1582 with her last words, "My Lord, it is time to move on. Well then, may your will be done. O My Lord and my Spouse, the hour that I have longed for has come. It is time to meet one another."

2 comments:

  1. Hello Princess Anastasia,
    I LUV your blog. This is wonderful, so interesting, very inspiring AND attractively compelling! I've connected to my blog & each time you post, I'll receive the update. Yippee and MUCH love and prayers from here,
    Nanny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh good! Thanks! I'll try and figure out how to connect to your blog too!

    ReplyDelete